Terms of Employment
Subject to six month probation period, satisfactoryemployment and ongoingsecurity checks.
Overview of the Role
The Programme & Partnerships Co-ordinator (PPC) will develop a Partnership strategy, from concept to development. S/he willidentify and cultivate new grants and partnerships, write proposals, prepare budgets, in collaboration with stakeholders. S/he will have a passion for developing teams, across various country offices and has the ability to communicate in English, Arabic and French. The PPC willnurture, build and maintainpartnerships at all levels and is adaptable and flexible; able to seize opportunities and support Syria Relief inachieving our goals.
|HOURS||Full time (40 hours per week less 30 minutes lunch break 37.5hrs)|
|REPORTING||Head of Programmes & Development|
|Subject to six month probation period, satisfactory employment and ongoing security checks.|
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a Partnership strategy for Syria Relief.
- Identify, secure anddevelop new growth areas, seizing viable opportunities.
- Reporting and keeping the International Programmes Manager (IPM) and HoP up to date.
- Fulfilling reporting requirements, managing and maintaining accurate records and tracking systems.
- Contribution to updates for our global team and Board.
- Develop professional solicitation proposals and undertake presentations at senior level meetings.
- Manage relationships and maintain a high level of supporter care.
- Track, analyse and report on fundraising results in the corporate field and measure, manage and report performance using agreed performance measures.
- To forge long-term mutually beneficial relationships with partners.
- Nurture and maintain existing relationships.
- Act as an ambassador for SR, representing the charity and undertaking public speaking at external events, including a wide variety of networking events
- Work closely with the events fundraiser to maximise corporate contacts leverage and managecorporate participation in the events programme.
- Collaborate and build healthy working relationships with colleagues to ensure our programmes align with our global strategies
- To maintain and update polices relating to Programme delivery, corporate social responsibility and fundraising; in order to comply withlegislation and statutory regulations.
- To promote SR’s vision and mission and to uphold the Charity’s values in all day to day activities and delivery of services.
- Take business accountability for the delivery of shared business responsibilities e.g. relevant contribution to SR’s Objectives, Risk Register and Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that SR develops a culture that promotes equality and values diversity and that the service you provide meets the needs of all stakeholders. This may involve the development and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure the services you provide are inclusive to all.
- To participate in SR related events as and when required.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent legislation, the post holder is required to undertake a proactive role in the management of risks in all their actions. This includes:-
- Undertaking risk assessments in line with the Syria Relief risk assessment process;
- Reporting all incidents, near-misses and hazards in line with the Syria Relief’s reporting, arrangements and systems
- Undertaking a statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others
- Attending all statutory and mandatory health and safety training, appropriate to the role.
|Degree in related field||X|
|Willingness to undertake training and actively seek out personal development opportunities||X|
|Proven track record of successful income generation||X|
|Researching and identifying funding opportunities and profiling of partners||X|
|Management reporting, maintaining accurate records and tracking systems||X|
|Social media and other marketing tools||X|
|Experience working for a small, lean organisation||X|
|Knowledge and Skills|
|Excellent client management and experience of building viable partnerships||X|
|Fluent in Arabic and/or French||X|
|Excellent communication skills able to adapt to suit the audience||X|
|Report writing with the ability to summarise data and insights succinctly and quickly||X|
|Maintain up to date knowledge of the casualties from the Syria crisis.||X|
|Participate and organise high calibre of events and fundraising activities.||X|
|To adhere and keep up to date withregulations and legislation relating to fundraising and event management: Data Protection Act (2018), Charity Commission and Fundraising Regulator.||X|
|Meticulous attention to detail.||X|
|Ability to successfully manage a full and varied workload independently whilst working under pressure to meet deadlines.||X|
|The ability to perform other duties as required.||X|
|Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and digital communications||X|
|Willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel within the UK and global as required.||X|
with the Job Title in the subject line.
We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.
Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position.SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, the position you are applying for has been identified as requiring an Accuity Check