This post is subject to employment, Accuity check.
Overview of the role
To assist the finance supervisor, take responsibility for the purchase ledger and assist with donation processing, bank reconciliations and other ad hoc as required.
- Processing invoices (including approval from necessary budget holders).
- Purchase ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with payment run
- Bank reconciliations
- Ad-hoc projects to assist the accounts team
Skills and Experience
- Experience in an accounts-based role
- Experience using Sage 50 or a similar system
|JOB TITLE||Finance Assistant|
|HOURS||Full time Equivalent (40 hours per week less 30 minute lunch break 37.5 hrs)|
|SALARY||£16,000 – 20,268 Band 3 Greater|
|REPORTS TO||Finance Supervisor|
- To promote Syria Relief’s vision and mission and to uphold the Charity’s values in all day-to-day activities and delivery of services.
- To contribute to the Charity’s objectives, Risk Register and Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that Syria Relief develops a culture that promotes equality and diversity and that the service you provide meets the needs of all stakeholders. This may involve the development and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure the services you provide are inclusive to all.
- To participate in Syria Relief related events as and when required.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent legislation, the post holder is required to undertake a proactive role in the management of risks in all their actions; this includes:-
- Undertaking risk assessments in line with the Syria Relief risk assessment process
- Reporting all incidents, near-misses and hazards in line with the Syria Relief’s reporting arrangements and systems
- Undertaking a statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others
- Attending all statutory and mandatory health and safety training, appropriate to the role.
|GCSE’s English, Maths and Business studies||X|
|Accounts office environment||X|
|Working to deadlines||X|
|Knowledge and Skills|
|Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices||X|
|Excellent analytical and interpretive ability||X|
|Excellent communication and presentation skills||X|
|Attention to detail||X|
|Integrity and professional ethics||X|
|A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel, both national and international.|
with the Job Title in the subject line.
We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.
Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position.SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, the position you are applying for has been identified as requiring an Accuity Check.