Overview of the role
This is a key position on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in managing the strategic and accountability frameworks across all areas of the Open Age Operation. With a strong focus on finance, this role will also take accountability for fundraising, IT and Human Resources and administration
|JOB TITLE||Head of Finance and Services|
|REPORTS TO||Chief Executive Officer|
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of Syria Relief financial strategy.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring the financial systems of the organisation to ensure the production of accurate.
- Day to day financial reporting and financial control
- budget setting, monitoring and reporting
- Cash flow and forecasts
- Monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for the annual return and year accounts preparation and its audit.
- Reports to funders
- Overseeing systems to ensure compliance to funding contracts for service and project delivery.
- Overall responsibility for all elements of preparation of staff payroll, petty cash and banking of donations and activity fees and the credit control process and ensuring these are done in an effective and timely manner.
- Negotiating competitive rates with external suppliers.
- To work with the CEO to develop, co-ordinate and monitor all costings for bids, projects and core budget
- Assisting in the costing of projects for funding applications.
- Overall responsibility for facilities management, office administration, IT and HR
- Accountability for the collection of data and data protection controls across all areas and systems.
- Managing the relationship with our outsourced IT provider and in house IT team to ensure IT requirements are met and that the servicing and maintenance of our network is up to date.
- Working alongside the CEO to develop a Human Resources strategy and ensuring Syria Relief is compliant in all areas of employment legislation and driving the agenda to make Syria Relief a great place to work.
- Line management responsibility for the Finance, HR and admin staff
- Accountable for managing all aspects of facilities management across the Syria Relief and its associated companies’ estate e.g. ensuring all insurances and lease agreements are in place, liaising with landlords where relevant.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Flexibility and the ability to manage time effectively whilst juggling multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build great relationships with external stakeholders, our trustees and funders and our partners and members.
- Excellent communication skills recognising the need to raise awareness and grow our offerings through presentations to a variety of stakeholders
- A proven track record of successfully managing all aspects of an operation and delivering successful outcomes.
- Experience of managing change and growth.
- Some fundraising experience would be an advantage.
- Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA).
- Experience of a senior leadership team role is essential, as well as having managed a direct team and promoting high performance.
with the Job Title in the subject line.
We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.
Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position.SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, the position you are applying for has been identified as requiring an Accuity Check.