JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Manager (Marcomms)
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week less 30 min lunch break 37.5hrs)
Pay: £26,663 to 34,790 – Band 6
LOCATION: Manchester (planned move to Tameside Autumn/winter 17)
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent post, three-month probationary period and subject to advanced security checks – namely Accuity check, clearance will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Overview of the Organisation:
Syria Relief is a UK registered non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational charitable that was set up in response to the crisis that has engulfed Syria since March 2011. The Charity has a turnover of £18m p.a., the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Trustees are passionate in their commitment in sustaining SR’s position as the leading UK-based, Syria-focused humanitarian organisation. Syria Relief is determined to adapt and grow, in order to help casualties of the Syrian crisis to rebuild their lives.
A future where the people of Syria live in dignity and security, with the means and opportunities to fulfil their potential and achieve their aspirations, wherever they may be in the world.
Overview of the Role:
The post-holder will be at the hub of our charity and responsible for all marketing campaigns from conception and planning to delivery, developing targeted programs to drive awareness of SR globally. S/he will have the vision and passion for constant innovation and reinvention, to produce content that supports our goals. S/he must be able to run campaigns for a number of programmes across a variety of channels, including social media, email, online and print.
S/he must lead on the creation and dissemination of media productions, website content, press releases, videos, etc., as well as developing and delivering a clear and effective system for internal communications, including the dissemination of newsletters, brochures and other publications.
- Lead and devise SR’s public relations and marketing strategy
- Marketing, innovative and compelling campaigns from concept stage through execution, including acquisition, penetration, retention, referral, cross-selling, revenue and branding
- Review and analyse methodologies to continually improve the quality of campaigns, acting on weak areas, optimising strengths, measuring and controlling return on investment (ROI) based on actual costs and performance results: including assessing campaign effectiveness by channel, offer type, and target segment.
- Lead on the website content and creation and dissemination of high quality, well researched and professionally written press releases, videos, documentaries, etc.
- Respond to media surges, during emergencies, develop and deliver communications as per protocol
- Provide guidance to colleagues
- Liaise and maintain contact on a regular basis with donors, stakeholders and the NGO community
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors to gain knowledge of their needs.
- Ensure SR branding and communication guidelines are uniformly and consistently followed
- Media and Communication policies and procedures, in accordance with legislation and technological developments.
- Maintain and update social media forums
- liaise with fundraising team and management to communicate campaign overviews, status, metrics
- Support the Fundraising Team with materials which they may need such as presentations
- To promote Syria Relief’s vision and mission and to uphold the Charity’s values in all day-to-day activities and delivery of services.
- To contribute to the Charity’s objectives, Risk Register and Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that Syria Relief develops a culture that promotes equality and diversity and that the service you provide meets the needs of all stakeholders. This may involve the development and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure the services you provide are inclusive to all.
- To participate in Syria Relief related events as and when required.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent legislation, the post
- holder is required to undertake a proactive role in the management of risks in all their actions; this
- Undertaking risk assessments in line with the Syria Relief risk assessment process;
- Reporting all incidents, near-misses and hazards in line with the Syria Relief’s reporting
- arrangements and systems
- Undertaking a statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others
- Attending all statutory and mandatory health and safety training, appropriate to the role.
Person Specification Qualifications/Training Essential Desirable Degree / HND in relevant field i.e. Marketing, Media, Journalism X English Level 4 minimum X Experience Several years’ experience in marketing and communications
Running successful marketing campaigns
Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
X Proven experience in all aspects of digital marketing, copy editing, content creation and web optimisation X Project management at national and global level
Excellent working knowledge of social media
X Knowledge and Skills Excellent communication and presentation skills
Excellent analytical and interpretive ability
Identify powerful human interest stories which highlight the charity’s work
Knowledge of the full marketing mix and understanding of marketing communications techniques
X Team player with a positive, can-do attitude; comfortable with continuously changing priorities in a fast paced environment X Communicate complex projects within demanding deadlines X Strong commercial nous and a results driven mind-set X Budget management X Strong IT skills including: WordPress, Dot Mailer, MS Office, Outlook and PowerPoint X Analyse customer data to effectively target relevant audiences X A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel, both national and international X
Application procedure:-To apply please email application forms to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line, or post to BHMC, College Road, Whalley Range, Manchester, M16 8BP; your application by Sunday, 22nd October 2017 which should consist of the following:-1. Application form, this can be downloaded from our website.2. A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the required qualities and skills and how you would manage the key duties and responsibilities and where appropriate, evidence (maximum 1,000 words).3. How you can demonstrate you have full rights to work in the UK.We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Initial interviews to take place week commencing 30th October, 2017.Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position. SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.Please note, the above post will be subject to your right to work in UK, identity, security checks and satisfactory references.
Click Here to download application form, please fill it and send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org