JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
HOURS: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: Denton, Greater Manchester
SALARY: £18,540 to 23,486
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
Terms of Employment:
Permanent post with a six month probationary period.
Overview of the Organisation
Finance Officer will be responsible for assisting the management accountant in preparing the monthly management accounts, including accruals, pre-payments and the payroll journal. You will also assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and produce monthly reports, including project budgets and reports.
- Carry out general accounting duties, such as dealing with staff payroll, preparation of month end reports and annual accounts and any other daily tasks where necessary.
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties as may be required.
- To assist in general office duties.
- To post, purchase orders, supplier invoices, reconciliations and creditor payments.
- To maintain the daily cash book, donors and pledges.
- To manage daily banking.
- To provide financial guidance and advice to staff working in the Projects department through analysis and interpretation of results and forecasts.
- To promote SR’s vision and mission and to uphold the Charity’s values in all day to day activities and delivery of services.
- Take business accountability for the delivery of shared business responsibilities e.g. relevant contribution to the Charity’s Objectives, Risk Register and Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that SR develops a culture that promotes equality and values diversity and that the service you provide meets the needs of all stakeholders. This may involve the development and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure the services you provide are inclusive to all.
- To participate in SR related events as and when required.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent legislation, the post holder is required to undertake a proactive role in the management of risks in all their actions; this includes:
- Undertaking risk assessments in line with the SR risk assessment process;
- Reporting all incidents, near misses and hazards in line with the SR’s reporting arrangements/system
- Undertaking a statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others
- Attending all statutory and mandatory health and safety training, appropriate to the role.
|Degree in Business /Accounts / Finance||X|
|AAT (association of accounting technicians) or equivalent or studying toward||X|
|1 year experience in accounting||X|
|Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems i.e. Sage||X|
|Knowledge and Skills|
|Strong IT skills including Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and
pivot tables. Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
|Meticulous attention to detail||X|
|Excellent analytical and interpretive ability||X|
|Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a broad range of
people internally and externally including non-financial specialists
|A valid driving license||X|
|A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work
and to travel within the UK and abroad
Please note, the above post will be subject to your right to work in UK, identity, security checks and satisfactory references.
This is a rare opportunity to join the hub of an expanding international team. We’re an international NGO – operating in the UK and Turkey and continue to grow each year. We are looking for a Finance Officer, based at our Head office in Denton, Tameside.
Our friendly and welcoming team operate in a demanding but highly rewarding environment that delivers real change to the people of Syria. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of please download our application form and submit completed by 9am GMT, on 29 June 2018 to email@example.com.
If you require any further information please contact Glenys Ely, Human Resources, Manchester Office.